Friday, January 15, 2010
Open Mind or Never Mind…
I like to think minds are like parachutes they work better when they are open. Even though I have strong opinions on most subjects I never rule out anything. I expect those that are close to me to keep an open mind and to understand how to communicate their thoughts and desires. One big relationship killer is assuming that the other one knows what you want, need or desire. An open line of communication is needed at all times to allow the relationship to flourish.
I hear statements all the time like "you should know this or that" well only if I am a soothsayer. LOL You can never assume that someone knows what your needs are; beyond the food, shelter, love there are many options that not everyone wants after that point. Sex is a general term that we use to describe the physical act of intimacy but really it is very broad based and is not specific enough to mean anything. When we get down to physical needs, desires and wants we must be open and honest. We must communicate by word or action what we like and no not like. Never think once is enough. Once isn't enough to know and once isn't enough to remember! Gentle reminders and open experimenting will allow you to embed your needs and desires in someone.
I have been around many that profess to have an open mind to spout off things like, "I would never do that," or "how could someone try that?" What surprises me is how people will judge others when they have no background or information to substantiate such actions. It is hard for someone to stay that they are "in the lifestyle" and turn around and pass judgment on others. We must allow everyone to learn and grow at their own pace and allow each other the time to experiment to find out what satisfies their desires.
If you are not interested in something that is fine, but how can you talk against someone else's desire to participate or explore something. We all do things that are important to us, that do not affect others or are of interest to everyone. How true of any area of a person's life, whether it is a professional, sexual or political we all have views about the way we wish to conduct ourselves that may or may not be how everyone else conducts themselves. A part of the message is acceptance, we must accept that others have the right to have different views and or desires than we do and that is ok.
I live pretty openly; I speak my mind and really do not apologize for my actions. If you do not approve of my sexual appetite, or the way that I live you can just pass me by. I do not expect that everyone thinks the way that I do, in fact most do not. Very few are going to find my way of living to their liking. I do not live for them, nor do I apologize for having a lust for life and the desires and pleasures that come from being passionate for life and everything that I touch. I am a bit OCD and a tad bit ADD, but I am driven by my desire to understand and experience all that there is experience with my 6 senses.
My experiences go way beyond my years. I do not judge others for their journey and expect the same courtesy. You do not have to live my life, but I do expect the opportunity to live unobstructed. I am always seeking those that are wandering in search of new experiences and things to learn and explore. I do not relate to those that have "died to themselves." I live to explore and experience all that is available in hopes of better understanding myself and the world around me. Transparency, Trust, Open Communication, exploration all of these foundational elements are key ingredients in keeping a relationship strong. The ability to keep and maintain a healthy and fulfilling relationship are a skill set that requires effort and patience. These are skills that we learn and are not born with. In many cases they are fundamental skills that even our parents didn't have and even if they did were too intimate to teach in western culture.
Learning how to please, satisfy and fulfill someone is a job in itself and to maintain a healthy balance in the lifestyle where the excitement of exploration can overwhelm a couples senses is a difficult line to walk. Getting to a place in your relationship where you can speak freely enough to make your desires and fantasies known and even more to be able to act those out with someone you love is priceless. Experiences are empty unless you have someone to share them with. But having someone that truly will allow you the freedom to experience and express yourself as you need and desire to will allow you to be fully sated sexually. Learning how to manage the relationship and give each other the freedom to express themselves sexually is a goal worthy of attaining.
Happy exploring,
Just2Pirates
Labels:
Acceptance,
Communication,
Desires,
Relationships,
Sexual Expression,
Trust
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment